Thursday, April 20, 2006

L.A. traffic has been killing me lately. Today I was sitting in traffic at one o'clock in the afternoon; two hours prior to when rush hour is even supposed to START to begin.It has been making me so angry that I have actually been having dreams about it. Last night I had this horrible dream that I was one of the drivers that I hate more than anything in the world. I drove with two feet so I kept slamming on the breaks and then accelerating as hard I could and I refused to get out of the left lane even though I was aware of the fact that I was a horrible driver. During my dream I found the real me screaming at the horrible driver me because one of my biggest fears is to be a horrible driver that causes traffic and ruins the fast moving highways for everyone!

My number one reason for gun control is because of people like me. I have the worst road rage and if I was handed a gun I am sure on some days I would mow down the entire left lane. Everytime I drive home up the 5 I find myself contemplating buying a gun and taking out every single last left lane driver. I would elminate the vast majority of traffic. Just think of how much stress would be aleviated by the reduction of left lane drivers. I am convinced that left lane drivers are horrible inconsiderate people that only think of themselves. It is true. So if you are a left lane driver, I hate you and I basically think you are the devil and the cause of all stress.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

wow. that was scary.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

i was going to drunk dial you tonight, jefe! then i realized that it was a thursday night and that wouldn't be such a good idea. too bad. love ya! oh and i promise i will never own a gun. honestly, i'd be too scared to touch one anyway:)

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your rage IS a little scary Penny, but I understand. Although let me tell you that even some people I respect are left-lane drivers. It's just a different philosophy. A deeply-flawed, self-promoting philosophy, but so are half the philosophies people use to explain their behavior.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Gloria said...

What I don't like is that people don't understand how to drive here, in LA, a city of cars! On the East coast, with their lousy 2-lane excuses for highways, they (generally) understand the concept that the left is the fast lane and only for passing, and otherwise you stay in the right lane and go with the flow.

You need to take the zen attitude towards driving, which I am attempting to cultivate. It is damn hard, though, and more often than not I find myself cursing a lot.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Dagny said...

I am so happy I no longer drive to work. I used to scream the most hideous things at the other drivers. Now I save that language for jerk guys in bars.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that is a crazy dream, girl! did you have too many blankets on your feet?

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. did you like V for Vendetta? i loved it but somehow no one else i know is going to it.

and how was Thank You For Smoking? i read that book over christmas and it was HILARIOUS!!!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

gloria- i tried that for a week, but i think all my built up rage has now come spilling out of me this past week. :(

carolyn- i LOVED v for vendetta. natalie portman rocks. i wanted to start a revolution after seeing it. i just think the wachoski brothers are too werid for most people now so people aren't going to see it:(

thank you for smoking was pretty good. definitely had some hilarious parts to it. best line "i have a bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names." katie holmes was horrible in and it made me realize i hate adam brody.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home