Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Oscars are on Sunday so I thought I would make my predictions. I don't know how much they are predictions, but rather who I want to win. (The ones in bold are who I want to win)



Best Actor in a Leading Role:
Phillip Seymour Hoffman: Capote
Terrence Howard: Hustle and Flow
Heath Ledger: Brokeback Mountain
Joaquin Phoenix: Walk the Line
David Strathairn: Good Night and Good Luck

This was a tough decision between Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix, but seeing Heath transform throughout the movie was amazing so I had to go with him, but if Joaquin wins I won't be too disappointed.




Best Actor in a Supporting Role:
George Clooney: Syriana
Matt Dillon: Crash
Paul Giamatti: Cinderella Man
Jake Gyllenhaal: Brokeback Mountain
William Hurt: A History of Violence

I believe that this year there will be the first ever tie for a category. Actually, I just can't be forced to choose between the two loves of my life. That's like asking me to choose between my parents.



Best Actress in a Leading Role:
Judi Dench: Mrs. Henderson Presents
Felicity Huffman: Transamerica
Keira Knightley: Pride and Prejudice
Charlize Theron: North Country
Reese Witherspoon: Walk the Line


I love Keira Knightley and Felicity Huffman, but Reese Witherspoon was so good in Walk the Line and she's just too cute not to like. I'm not a big fan of chick flicks, but I always like hers because I just love her. If Charlize Theron wins I will be beyond livid. I hate her. She thinks she's such a good actress because in every movie she makes herself ugly and so therefore she deserves an Oscar.



Best Actress in a Supporting Role:
Amy Adams: Junebug
Catherine Keener: Capote
Frances McDormand: North Country
Rachel Weisz: The Constant Gardener
Michelle Williams: Brokeback Mountain

I was talking about Michaelle Williams with my mom the other day and we both agreed that her reaction to finding out that her husband was actually gay was just amazing. I also just really like her so I picked her:)

Best Animated Feature:
Howl's Moving Castle
Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride
Wallace and Gromit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit


Wallace and Gromit was one of the funniest movies I saw this year. Very well done and I thought The Corpse Bride was unbelievably boring.

Best Directing:
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Crash
Good Night and Good Luck
Munich

It was hard for me not to pick George, but I have never been speechless at the end of a movie the way I was with Brokeback Mountain. A lot of that was the acting, but I think that had it been a different director the movie would have had a completely different feel.



Best Picture:
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
Crash
Good Night and Good Luck
Munich

Once again I have never been speechless at the end of a movie the way I was with Brokeback Mountain.




Best Writing(Adapted Screenplay):
Brokeback Mountain
Capote
The Constant Gardener
A History of Violence
Munich

Amazing script.



Best Writing(Original Screeplay):
Crash
Good Night and Good Luck
Match Point
The Squid and the Whale
Syriana

I love my George Clooney.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

Michelle Williams and I have the exact same birthday. Too bad I don't have my own Heath Ledger, dammit.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

I see you are a big fan of Brokeback. Probably won't be as many as you are hoping for the movie but they'll definitely pick up some.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Michelle Williams in Soho once, when she was in some play down there. She was so tiny I just loved her. Shorties rule.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home