Wednesday, March 01, 2006



Yesterday I was in Best Buy sending my iPod off to be fixed for the second time and also purchasing the movies Walk the Line and Pride and Prejudice. I was walking down one of the isles when I saw one of the twenty-something-year-old workers speaking to one of his coworkers and I heard him say as I was walking past, one of the dumbest things I think I have ever heard. These are the words that this kid had the audacity to speak, "Yeah, I was listening to Johnny Cash way before everyone else did and now you go to the bars and that's all you hear is Johnny Cash. They don't even play the good songs either!" I wanted to turn around and say to him, "Really, you were listening to Johnny Cash before ANYONE else? Really? How old are you again? You must age really well because I thought Johnny Cash made it big in the 50's."

I absolutely cannot stand people like this. They are almost always stupid scenster kids that dress like they're punk and then they wear their Hurley hats!! You did not discover Johnny Cash. You did not listen to him before anyone else did! So get over the fact that an awesome movie has made a lot of younger people that would have been too stupid to ever give Johnny Cash a chance, made him popular again. It is a phase. It will pass. You will live. Then when they make a movie about the Beatles you can talk about how you listened to the Beatles before everyone else did and how they don't even play their good songs at bars!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

LOL. Eloquently said. And probably a couple of years ago the same youngsters were making fun of anyone who listened to Johnny Cash.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. So true. OMG, Allan must be the hippest person alive since Mom & Dad got him the Live from Folsom Prison album way back in - gasp! - 2002.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Gloria said...

I loved Walk the Line. I loved Reese Witherspoon's clothes in that movie. Except for this one dress that looked like it was made from a crappy Motel 6 comforter.

Hrm. But back to your post. I hate idiots. Don't you wish you had a stun gun (or something even stronger) and could zap them away?

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're too funny. :)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home