Monday, January 30, 2006

Countdown to 21: 5 days





A few things have changed since I last posted...school has started and I finished my scarf! I'm pretty optimistic about this semester even though the reading load is insane and I had to spend $450 on 15 books and one of the five classes I am taking doesn't have a book. My professors seem pretty cool, but I am definitely going to have to work my ass off to work four days a week and keep up with the reading. So this is what I'm taking:

POSC312: Constitutional Law Rights
POSC423: American Presidency
MUSC290: Popular Music in America
POSC362: SOcial and National Politics in China
POSC304: Recent Political Theory

My music class is obviously going to be a joke, but it is one of those stupid General Education classes I had to get out of the way and it fit my scheudle so hey, that is a bit less thinking I will have to do this semester and that is fine with me. My other four Political Sciences classes are going to kill my anyway.

My birthday is this weekend and I'm a little nervous, but I'm really excited. San Francisco is going to be great and it will be good to get to see my brother and my soon-to-be sister-in-law. Given the craziness of this upcoming week as well as this weekend, I don't think I will be able to post until after my birthday, but I guarantee there will be pleanty of entertaining stories and pictures to make up for it:) Have a great week/weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

The music class sounds like an academic joke but all the same it does sound interesting.

Ooo ... and you're spending your 21st up north? So many cool places to hang. Have fun.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

It's okay, I took a history senior seminar in college called "The social context of alcohol in the Soviet Union and modern day Russia". We talked about vodka for an entire semester, and then for our last class? The prof had us over to her house, where she made borscht and served us vodka. And I was definitely a very underage sophomore then, which she knew. But hey! Vodka shots with the professor!

Happy (early) birthday!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy early birthday! hope you have a great weekend celebrating and don't get thrown in jail or taken to the ER! if you need bail money, give me a call! :)

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home