Monday, February 06, 2006

I am officially 21 and as great as my birthday weekend was, I am SO glad it is OVER! Now I am here to tell you about my weekend and I will provide you with lots of pictures because pictures are my favorite.

So Friday afternoon I put on my cowboy boots and Rachel and I began our journey up the 5. The trip was going just fine until 5 miles before our exit to take the 152 over to the 101 and we found ourselves sitting on the 5 and the 152 was shut down. So Rachel and I decided to take the Jetta up over the middle divider of on the 5 and head back down to Kettleman City to get over to the 101. I am proud of my Jetta. The trip that was supposed to take 5 1/2 hours ended up taking us 9 hours and 15 minutes. I started to think it was an omen for how the rest of the weekend was going to be and oh, it was!

When I finally got to my brother's I walked in the door to find this lovely display! I also got the best presents this year. Cool makeup, a very cool 80's CD set(that came with a lovely drawn card), shoes and LOTS of money and gift cards!

Then Saturday morning all of us girls got up and drove to San Francisco. I was reminded of why I loved San Francisco so much when I drove up the 101 and there was Candlestick(aka Monster Park) where the Niners play. The Niners and the Giants, two reasons big enough for me to change my location!

After a little shopping we deicded to stop for some lunch.

This is my ordering me first drink!

Later on that night we went out to sushi and then we went to a bar on Union St. called the Blue Lights. Here is a picture of all of us. Nicole, Jen, Jeff, me, and Jen.

Yay for sisters! Jen and me! Can't you tell since we both did the same pose?

I love my brother!

Rachel and me

When I was heavily intoxicated Taylor showed up so here is a picture of me. I look relatively sober, but who would have known that an hour and a half later I would have been puking in a toilet?

Here are the rest of the boys that came and met up with us. Taylor, Joel, Austin and Margaret(the waitress). This is the picture of me with my last shot of the night and that last shot is what did me in.

An hour later I was puking in the toilet. I puked on the street. I cried because I scared the cabdriver. I puked some more in the hotel toilet. Rachel puked with me. I woke up the next morning and puked a whole lot more. Around 2:30 the next afternoon I was finally able to eat something and keep it down. I have a huge bruise on my chest and I have no idea what it is from. My abs are sore from puking so much. Two days later I am still trying to recover.

My 21st birthday was great, but would I ever repeat it? Not a chance in hell, but I will never forget it. I lived the typical 21st birthday and I got drunker then I had ever been before. I am now 21, but I don't feel any differently, but hey I can drink legally now!

9 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

Yay for the drinking legally! Boo for the puking. But, it sounds like you had fun (up 'til the puking stage, that is).

Happy birthday again! And yay, you can come out drinking now!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Congrats on the birthday! Love the boots.

I was going to say something snippy about Union Street but decided against it.

Drink up and enjoy.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! And happy drinking! Oh, and happy being-the-sudden-best-friend-of-everyone-you-know-who's-still-underage! ;)

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday crazy girl! glad you had a good night even with all the crazy puking afterward! :)

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what that bruise is from. I will tell you next time we talk.

Thanks so much for including me in your birthday festivities, Penny! I had so much fun.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

gloria- oh yes, we will be going out soon!

dagny- $13 for those boots! woot!

carolyn- thank you and yes it was the puke from hell, but hey it will NEVER happen again!

jen- thank god you know what these bruises are from because i have been so confused. i have a feeling it is going to be some really horribly embarrassing story, but oh well. that describes my weekend!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you came up, Penny. The 21st birthday is something to experience once and then never, ever again. But it was good seeing you, Jen, and Rachel. Hey, what were the bruises from, anyway?

6:52 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Love your face in that picture of the two of us.

Glad you came up, Pen. Let's do it again some time like in five years or something.

I need a nap.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

jen- the bruises are from falling on the bar bathroom floor i guess haha. at least that is what my sister told me.

jeff- i am taking you and jen out to dinner next time i see you because holy shit do i owe you big time! not only for the bar tab but for being so amazing and taking care of me! love you both to pieces!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home