Monday, December 19, 2005

So it's the day before I go home to Redding and when I should be packing before I have to head off to work for the 7th day in a row, I am blogging because I haven't done this is so long and I know you guys are just dying to know what has been going on in my life that has been keeping me from doing so! So here's the good news, lots of pictures!!

Living in Southern California and being from Northern California makes it very hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it's 70 degrees outside and sunny so Rachel and I went to Target and ended up spending around $200 on Christmas decorations to get us and our apartment in the spirit of our favorite holiday.

So here is our beautiful fake tree that now has lots of presents under it.

Here are our stockings. We even made one for Lucy, the dog. Glitter pens rock!

Here is our lovely welcome mat! I don't have pictures our Christmas lights, but they are absolutely ridiculous, that is for sure.

On Friday after work Rachel, Michelle and I headed up to LA to go pick up my sister and go on over to the Beverly Center. That place will be the end of me. If I didn't have such self control I would have walked out of there with no money for rent and my parents would have killed me. Here's some pictures of some of the things I got...

I bought yet another pair of shoes from Steve Madden. My other pair of silver shoes are pretty much dead and I loved them so much that I've been searching for a new pair to own my heart and these aren't quite as cute, but they will work.

Then I bought this jacket and this shirt. I've been looking for a big comfy jacket to wear when I go home because it will be snowing!! Purple usually isn't something I buy, but I loved this jacket so much I got it anyway.

After the Beverly Center, we dropped off my sister and headed over to The Grove, which was a horrible horrible decision because it was pure insanity. I was so excited because my favorite sports writer, Bill Simmons, was doing a book signing at the Barnes & Noble. For awhile I was thinking about becoming a sports writer and that was because of him and even though I have changed my aspirations in life, I still love him. I was really scared he was going to turn out to be an ass, but he was so cool and funny in person. So here's a picture of what he wrote in my book:)


Last night was mine and Rachel's big Christmas dinner party. We invited over 10 of our friends and we cooked Rosemary chicken with lemon as the main dish and a garden salad and a spinach salad. Michelle made this cheese tortellini salad thing that was amazing! Anissa, Dana, Annie, and Eizelle brought some spinach dip and bread. It all went together really well. For desert we had Root Beer floats with Vanilla Vodka and Cheesecake with caramel sauce. It was so good and the party turned out to be a blast so here's some pictures of that.

Me, Amy, and Rachel

Dana, Annie, Eizelle and Anissa

Me and Anissa

Me and Michelle

Eizelle and Anissa

There's my update. I'm sure my sister and I will be taking plenty of pictures while we're in the Ding! I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday! Happy Holidays(I'm saying that purely out of spite to piss off Bill O'Reilly)!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

It is always a good to piss off Bill O'Reilly.

Cute decorations and it looks like you had a good time shopping. Oh. Like the inscription in the book as well.

Redding should have plenty of snow when you get there. A huge storm went through the Bay area yesterday.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, the Ding. I have not heard that one before. Your party looks so fun! See you tomorrow... en la Ding! It is 80 down here today, blech.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

YAY FOR THE NO SNOW!

But I never really get into the Christmas spirit, it's sad. I'm so annoyed by all the Christmas music (the stupid country music station has been playing Christmas music NONSTOP since before Thanksgiving) that it just kills it for me.

But have fun at home!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I was so confused about 'the Ding' at first. Now I love it. It reminds me of guys who go 'Zing!' at you after they've come up with a witty one-liner. A fitting comparison, I'd say, given the way that Redding zings you with its one-liner of strip malls and racial prejudice. Zing!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Simmons rules. I'm very jealous. Did you come up with something witty and funny to say to him at the signing? Were you wearing a Baseball Furies outfit? These are the things we have to know.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

logan- bill simmons was funny as hell in person. i just asked him what he thought of the giants and dodgers rivalry down here and he said he liked it, but i told him to get the real experience he would have to go to a game at sbc....and no, i was not wearing a baseball furies outfit. meeting him definitely made me an even bigger fan!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. can you please post. i would like to hear about syriana. and narnia.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

i promise to post either tonight or tomorrow!!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home