Monday, August 29, 2005

Today I drove up to Long Beach to pick up my friend, Juliette, and head on over to the wonderful world that I like to call the California State University Long Beach campus to pick up our books. Why are we picking up our books? BECAUSE SCHOOL STARTS ON MONDAY!!!! Where the hell did my summer go? The most exciting thing I did was go to San Francisco and that's practically my home away from home.

So this morning Juliette and I made our way up to the University bookstore in the ungodly heat and when I got my box of books I found out for my 5 classes I have 11 books!!!!! Today I discovered I hate college and I hate my major, as well as, minor. I think it's a good thing that I'm taking yoga this semester. I'm only taking Tuesday/Thursday classes and so this means to cram all 5 of my classes into those two days on Tuesdays I must go to school from 9:30 AM to 9:15 PM and from 9:30AM to 3:15PM I have absolutely no breaks. So yoga will be much needed on Wednesday afternoons.

This semester is going to be pretty intense to say the least. I have all upper division classes and they are all counting towards either my major or minor so that means if I ever want to make it in the grad school I need to get good grades. College is starting to get a little more serious now that I'm heading into my third year, but I think after last semester I can handle almost anything. Last semester I found out my grandpa has liver cancer and a few weeks later I found out my dad had to get heart surgery and after all the horrible mania and panic with my dad, I was still able to get all B's. I felt like I was going to die trying to catch up after all the school I missed having to drive home to be with the family and finals almost made me want to jump off a cliff, but hey, I pulled it off and I don't think things can get much worse then last semester so I am being really positive about this semester. Not to mention I think summer school gave me a new found motivation for school. I finally know what I want to major in and even though I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, I don't care for once.

So all I have to say to this semster is...BRING IT ON!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Comment comment comment comment comment. Comment. Comment comment comment. Comment comment comment comment comment comment comment? Comment comment, comment. Comment comment comment comment!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

i hate you

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home