Friday, May 05, 2006

Today is Cinco de Mayo and what am I doing? Writing a research paper. Most college students are making themselves a margarita and laying out at the beach. Although I am going out tonight, I am still jealous of all those people laying out at the beach right now. I am stuck in my apartment until what looks like the end of time. I have never been so stressed out in my entire life.

I thought this semester would be different because I haven't procrastinated the way I have every other semester. I've actually tried to keep up on the reading, I really have! Still, May 16th is two weeks away and I am going out of my mind. I have to read two books, which amounts to around 800 pages. I have to write 7 pages which amounts to about 1 billion pages and I have 4 finals to study for. Oh, oh! Not to mention, I have to go to Vegas the weekend before finals for a bachelorette party! Don't get me wrong, Vegas is going to be a blast and I am excited, but the thought of excessive drinking the weekend before finals is making me kind of nervous.

I found out a couple weeks ago that I am going to graduate on time and I have been so excited. I started looking into grad schools and everything, but I think these past couple weeks have made me recosider my options. I started to think maybe the working world wouldn't be so bad. No more finals. No more cramming. Then I thought about it some more and I realized that my college years have been the best years of my life and why do I want those to end so I can go work for some asshole that doesn't care about me? I can stay in school and meet cute coffee boys, drink, procrastinate, and at the end of the semester I can get so stressed out over finals I want to cry. It will be great. I've decided I'm going to grad school whether I get the support I want or not. So even though right now I feel like I'm going crazy trying to get everything done, I'm excited. Even though finals feel like they are going to be the end of me, I know as soon as I'm done with my last final I'll be happy I did it.

On that note, I am going to crawl back into my cave and work on some more papers. I will possibly return after I get back from Vegas otherwise May 18th will be the date!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

I TOTALLY recommend staying in school! Every summer, I'm all, oh, I think I want a real 9-5 job so I don't have homework. And at the end of every summer, I'm all, oh, I HATE WORKING IN THE REAL WORLD.

Hence, why I'm still in school!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home