Sunday, May 21, 2006

Finals are over. A lot of alcohol has been consumed. My brother is getting married in a week. And I am officially old. I've decided to become a nun. Summer school starts in a week and I need a job. A lot has changed over the past two weeks. Not really, but I have to tell myself this so I think my life is actually exciting. What is exciting? I'll tell you what is exciting! VEGAS! Bridefest 2k6 has come and gone, but it was a good weekend where obscene amounts of money were spent!


As soon as Jen and Nicole arrived in Vegas, we wasted no time in embarrassing the bride. My sister and I made a shirt that read "Bridfest 2k6" across the front. Nicole also made goodie bags, but what was included is way too perverted to write on here.

We decided to go walk the strip on the first night. I decided it would be lame and cliche to take a picture at the Venetian since that is where Jen and my brother met.

Nicole got us awesome rings that lit up red. We decided to use them in case we lost each other and we would just have to stick our rings up in the air to locate each other. Bridefest 2k6!

My big splurge was a pair of Marc Jacobs sunglasses. I had a panic attack for about three hours afterwards, but I love them dearly. They look black in the picture, but they're actually a dark green. Oh, Marc.

Torturing Jen was always fun. We made her take a picture with one of the studs at Caesar's Palace. She may deny it now, but she enjoyed it.

We surprised Jen by taking her to Bobby Flay's restaurant. She is obsessed with Bobby and this was the look on her face when she figured out where we were going. The food was AMAZING. I haven't eaten that well since Italy.

After Vegas I had to buckle down and study for finals. Finals didn't go so well so I deicded to numb the pain by drinking heavily and this is what happened...




I know nuns don't drink alcohol, but I've decided to bend the rules a little bit. There was a Flying Nun so why can't there be a drinking nun? Exactly.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

What? You mean the nuns don't hit the communion wine with the priests? That is so unfair. If that is the case, you need to start a new order. Then again, I think Gloria has been talking about starting her own convent.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. i actually KNOW someone in chicago who IS becoming a nun... in this day and age. can you believe it? I know YOU aren't going to become a nun because communion wine is not that tasty! those rings are awesome! super fun! p.s. now it is summer so you can post EVERY DAY, right????

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy God. That Bobby Flay picture is awful...

6:40 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

carolyn- hopefully the posting will be better after i get back from my brother's wedding, but i make no guarantees ;)

jen m- i LOVE it

7:27 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Loooooove the sunglasses. You have great taste, as always!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

hahaha... drinking nun...

exactly.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home