Sunday, October 02, 2005





Today was the last game of the 2005 season for the San Francisco Giants and may also be the last game that my favorite player in the entire world, my boy, my pride and joy, the greatest man in the entire world, the man that this blog is named after, the one and only JT Snow will ever play. I am so glad that I wasn't at that game because I would have been a total wreck. I think I would have cried the entire game.

It is players like JT that make me love baseball and make me realize how great it really is. He is just a great guy all around and he was one of the few players in the league that actually played for the love of the game. It wasn't about money or winning or sponsors, it was about baseball. He was loyal to the Giants and it is a sad day in baseball since they are losing him.

You know JT is a great guy because he was able to do what so few people do, replace a legend. Before JT, our first baseman was Will "The Thrill" Clark. Will Clark was a godsend. He was and still is a legend and JT was able to come into San Francisco and win over every single Giants fan's heart. He is an amazing guy and we will all miss him. I'll miss his high socks. I'll miss watching him dive into the seats to catch a foul ball. I'll miss watching him chew his gum and blow bubbles the size of his head and then they pop and splat across his face and then he has to sit there and pick it off his face for the rest of the inning. I'll miss seeing the great guy standing on first with his black streaks under his eyes punching his glove waiting for the next play to occur. Everytime September comes around I will miss watching JT's hitting soar because that's what he does when it's September. He always was amazing when it really mattered. I'll never forget the 2002 season when he hit over .420 to get us to the World Series and I will never ever forget every single one of his amazing hits and home runs and catches that he made for us throughout the past 9 amazing years that he has played for us. I love you, JT and you will always be the best first baseman to ever play the game in my eyes. You will be missed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JT is a great man. If he wasn't married I would marry him...if I were female and a bit older. Hell of a glove on that boy.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, sister. I almost cried when I heard that this might be JT's last game. I remember buying the program when the Giants got him,"Snow in San Francisco".

Wild.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such the thoughtful, sweet elegy. i hope he googles himself tomorrow and finds this post!!!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home