Tuesday, September 27, 2005


I know you guys are probably sick of me talking about baseball, but oh my God!! Tonight was the single greatest night of my life! Let me start by saying that for the entire season the Giants have looked absolutely hopeless and they looked as if they were going to be in last place at one point in the season because they were so terrible, but now they are 3 games behind the division leading Padres with 6 games left to play.

The last game that I went to the Giants lost in the bottom of the ninth to our rival team, the Dodgers and let me tell you that it was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced in my life. Tonight was a different story. Tonight the Giants were trailing 2-1 until the 9th inning and there were 2 outs. We were one out away from kissing the season good bye, but then Randy Winn came up to bat and he hit a fly ball to centerfield and center fielder Brian Giles jumped up, slammed into the wall, but caught the ball and then dropped it. The crowd went nuts until they realize that he had dropped it and Jon and I were so confused and happy that all we could do was scream and hug each other because the game was now tied 2-2 and JT Snow was coming up to bat with a runner on 3rd. I thought I was goint to have a heart attack and die because if there were 2 outs and the man that I love more then anything was coming up to bat and I didn't want him to screw this up. Oh and I forgot to mention that we were facing one of the greatest closers of all time, Treavor Hoffman, the Padres pride and joy! At this point, I am seriously praying for a miracle and then next thing I know JT has hit a single towards right field to put us in the lead.

Oh no folks it's not over! So then in the bottom of the 9th Armando Benitez comes in and he has blown about a billion saves for us in the few games he's actually played this year and he finally wins a game for us, but not before JT fell into the stands and cut open his neck and dented a camera. It was the most insane game I have ever seen in my life and my life is a little bit more complete because of it. It would be one thing if we were the Yankees and came back in the bottom of the 9th all the time, but we're hte Giants and we don't come back from anything. It was the greatest game I have ever seen. I never thought I would see such an amazing game. Plus, I got to see Barry play for maybe the last time ever and to see greatness in front of you is a pretty amazing thing.

Also, the highlight of the night, besides the Giants winning was when I was standing in line for food and a guy asked me if I had any weed because apparently every single person from Northern California has weed on them at all times.

So here's some pictures from the game:


Barry Bonds- The Great

Randy Winn- The man of the night. 4-4, RBI, and 2 runs

Barry kneeling because he's old

JT hit a double to score a run in the 5th. JT went 2-4 with 2 RBIs

Jon and Me, experiencing the greatest night of our lives

GIANTS WIN! ONLY 3 BACK!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home