Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I just got back from the Death Cab for Cutie concert and it was AMAZING. AMAZING. AMAZING. Ben Gibbard is a fucking god. I was never attracted to the man before, but after seeing the way he moves and how amazing he is live and that he is actually tall, I don't know. I kind of want him.

Jenny Lewis (the lead singer of Rilo Kiley) opened for Death Cab. Eh. Her voice was incredible. I could listen to her sing all night, but other than that...Eh. I have never seen a band have so little crowd interaction in all the shows I've been to. It was shocking. I think she said "What's up?" and "Thank you." the entire time. Crazy.

I think Death Cab just passed Spoon and The Strokes as my favorite shows, but I'm not sure. Julian Casablancas will forever hold a place in my heart and Spoon is just too cool for words. But Death Cab. Death Cab how I love the stomping Ben Gibbard.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're just lucky she didn't start singing bible banging "jesus by the river" songs like she did when i went to see her.

by "tall" how tall do you mean? i've seen them a couple times and i did not get much of a tall impression of him. :)

did he sing any of his postal service songs? i really love a couple of those as well.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are lucky! did you ask him to bring back postal service? that would be awesome!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you deserve a fun night after moot court!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Ben Gibbard is awesome! Last time we saw him, though, he was being very sulky and played a lot of sad songs. For some reason that seems to happen a lot at the Greek.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

carolyn- ben gibbard is 6 foot 6'1...he was on conan a couple weeks ago and he was barely shorter than conan. but no, he didn't sing any postal service, but i love them too!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home