Thursday, August 24, 2006


Today I purchased my ticket to Boston in January. It is such a good feeling to know for sure that I will be there! Even though I will be freezing my ass off, at least I will be freezing my ass off in Boston. And even though I don't get to go to a game at Fenway, at least I can stand outside of it and cry and it won't have to be in front of 50,000 strangers. Since it will be so cold my tears will probably freeze so I will take one of them and put it in a jar and label it "A Tear for Fenway" and it will forever define my first trip to Boston. Okay, maybe that is crazy, but still...I CAN'T WAIT!! I better start brushing up on my Boston vocabulary and start saying things like "wicked" and "NomAH!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Gloria said...

I love Boston! But not the cold weather. I think I'm going to go in the fall, when the weather is considerably better!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm so jealous! It's a great city.

Also, you can do more than stand outside Fenway -- you can take a tour! They're year-round, and not expensive. I think it's like $10 or $15. Then you can cry inside, when you see the most beautiful ballpark in the world in person. I'm getting a bit teary just thinking about it. (True story -- I totally started crying during the first shot of Fenway in Fever Pitch, even though that movie was otherwise completely horrible.)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home