Monday, July 31, 2006

Dear Brian Sabean,
Do yourself and the city of San Francisco a favor and fire yourself. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Penny


This is the letter I've been contemplating sending Brian Sabean, the GM for the San Francisco Giants. Last season when he was talking about trading JT Snow I wrote him a much longer version to express my hatred for him, but the 8 game losing streak by the Giants has left me with no energy to do so.

This is worse than watching a train wreck. I can't even explain the pain and disappointment. The Giants are my abusive boyfriend that I can't get rid of. Whenever I swear them off forever they come back and show signs of change. They remind you of why you fell in love with them in the first place. Then, right when you think they really have turned things around they smack you down again. Every Giants fan knows what I am talking about. We are all masochists.

I haven't been this down in the dumps about the Giants since the day after we lost the World Series. I feel like I'm going to puke and I'm too sad to cry. It is a constant throbbing pain and sadness that I cannot explain. I just feel dead inside. All of this because of a baseball team. And I know in the morning I will wake up with a hope that this will be the day that the Giants turn it all around. Why? Because that is what Giants fans do.

P.S. I will be making Giants T-shirts that say "Disgruntled Giants fan" on the front and "Fire Brian Sabean" on the back. Let me know if you want one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home