Wednesday, October 24, 2007



I cannot tell you how insulted I am by pink baseball gear. I am insulted as a baseball fan and I am insulted as a woman. The entire point of wearing baseball gear is to represent your team and a big part of that is by sporting the team's colors. For example, Giants and Dodgers games. If a person is wearing black and orange. Giants fan. Blue, Dodgers fan. Pink? Who is the dumbass wearing pink to a Giants and Dodgers game?

I am insulted as a woman because it is just such a stereotype for a woman to like pink. Why fall into that stereotype? Why even perpetuate this horrible stereotype? Do they realize they are helping men justify their reasons for being chauvinistic pigs?

When I see a woman wearing pink I automatically think, "There is some dumb girl who is here with her boyfriend and doesn't know a thing about baseball." The thing is 9 times out of 10 I'm right with that assessment.

I've asked some girls why do they wear these hideous pieces of clothing and they reply with, "It's cute. Black and orange aren't that cute." Because yes, you go to a baseball game to look cute, not enjoy the game right? Once again you have proven that you are a dumbass and are perpetuating the stereotype that women don't like sports. I hate you for this. But then it is almost a good thing for me because when a guy sees that I know more about baseball than he does, I am usually proposed to.


So if you consider yourself a feminist in any way shape or form, enough with the pink shit. You are only hurting your fellow women and we're already paid only 75 cents on the dollar.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We call people who started liking the Sox after 2004 "pink hat fans".

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Normally I would be with you on that point but it is October, Breast Cancer Awareness month. And their official color is pink. So if a woman chooses to sport the pink hat in October (and only in October), then she's cool with me.

9:28 PM  
Blogger A. Marigold said...

You may be onto something with the pink. But more importantly, who actually goes to baseball games only to enjoy the game?

6:06 PM  
Anonymous nhl jerseys said...

there seems to be a nhl jerseys bloom in the desert when most of was dried out along with unfortunate exploring...It absolutely was expanding alone...savoring daily...in addition to indicating for the sunshine "When should certainly WHEN I possibly be grown up? " As well as nhl jerseys solar could point out "Be sufferer -- Each and every time WHEN I touch everyone, an individual expand just a little..." Your woman has been so pleased.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home