Sunday, July 17, 2005

The end of my first week at summer school lead to an awesome weekend. Friday night I drove to LA to take in some good ol American fun, baseball. It wasn't just baseball; it was baseball at its greatest. Rivalry week. Giants vs Dodgers. One of the oldestand greatest rivalries in the league. At the last game my sister and I attended we had to leave early because we sat in the nose bleeds and well, let's just say sitting up that high isn't good for the brain. It allows people to say and do things that are not normally accepted in public. This time Jen and I were sitting field level on the third baseline side. It turned out to be one of the best games I've been to. The Giants won. Lowry(hottness) threw an amazing game and my sister and I met some cool people. On our left side we had some timid Giants fans. They weren't decked out in Giants apparel, but the dad that was sitting next to me knew his stuff. Then on our right side we had two Dodgers fan from the Bay Area if that makes any sense, but they turned out to be decent guys. LA fans are usually morons that show up in the 3rd and leave in the 7th, but since these guys are from the Bay Area they have the example of Giants and A's fans to get there early and stick out for the entire game. When the Giants finished shutting out the Dodgers 6-0, my sister and I left and as we were walking out of the stadium we heard a typical Dodger fan say "Wow Giants fan are good, if we had won I would have been shoving it in their face." My sister overheard this and replied angerly to me "Yeah no shit! That's because we're not assholes like you!" I found this funny because at the beginning of the season she was debating whether or not she was going to become a Dodgers fan since she plans on living here for a long time. I told her the family would disown her and now I think she has another reason not to be a Dodgers fan, she's not an asshole.


Then after the game we went back to her place and had a couple drinks, did some drunken knitting and took in the Stone Family Classic, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. Saturday afternoon we rolled out of bed and made our way over to The Grove. To celebrate last summer we decided that we would go to Marmalade which is a restaurant at The Grove that we used to go to all the time. While waiting for our food we experienced quite the celebrity sighting! Lindsay Lohan! I was fascinated because I have been obsessed with her rapid weight loss and her crazy antics because of her supposed cocaine and diet pill problem.Well, all I can say is that she definitely needs to dye her hair red again, needs a little bit of a tan, and is definitely a little strange. We also saw Shawn Ashmore, Iceman, from Xmen. He is short and scrubby in person.


Then on Saturday evening I finally was able to go pick up my copy of Harry Potter! I got home at 5:30 and I didn't put it down until 1:00 AM. Then I woke up at 10:30 and started reading it at 11 and finished at 4ish this afternoon. It was amazing. AMAZING! I have never cried like that over a book and it felt kind of silly, but my god!! My poor dad called me in the midst of my bawling. I don't think he really knew what to do. When I answered my phone with my crying voice I could tell it wasn't what he was expecting and he got a little awkward. Usually he would hand the phone to my mom, but given the fact she hadn't read the book yet he had to put up with my blubbering to him on the phone.


I talked to Jen on the phone and was telling her about how the entire Stone family is a bunch of Harry Potter lovers and she thinks we're freaks, but I think things like baseball and Harry Potter are great things for humans. It brings us together and it makes it so you have something in common with a complete stranger.

Anyway, I also found out today that my high school Spanish teacher died.

R.I.P. Senor Smith

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penny- your are loco, but I love you for it! Jenn

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home