Thursday, July 07, 2005

WARNING: If you are not a crazy liberal, you might not want to read this post. Given the warning, please, don't waste your time with nasty comments about how I'm not American enough and what not because this is my blog and I can say whatever I please. Moving on...

When I woke up this morning I do what I do every morning...I check my email, then if anyone I know has done a blog, then I read some sports and then I move onto the news. Even though I hate CNN, I always tend to check the news there first so when I did this this morning, I saw the words "LONDON TERROR" sprawled out across the page. As I read on I learned that London had been bombed and many were injured and 37 were dead and then I learned that al qaeda was claiming responsibility for the attacks and I started to find myself becoming extremely angry and I wasn't angry at the people who did it, I was angry at President George W. Bush. I don't blame Bush for what happened on September 11th in the least, but I do blame him for how he dealt with the situation. This terrorist attack makes it all the more clear why we shouldn't be in Iraq. Yes, Saddam is an evil man who deserves to be punished, but he was not the one that attacked America on September 11th and murdered 3,000 innocent people. That man would be Osama Bin Laden and have we pulled him out of a hole? No, but apparently we have a good idea of where his is....hmm...then why haven't we captured him almost 4 years later? Why are we focusing all our attention, as well as, funds on a country that has never attacked us? Why aren't we focusing our attention on the terrorist group that has attacked America at least 3 times in the past 10 years? America is not the only country being affected by this so are England and Spain and who knows who else will feel this in the future.

What else is sad about this whole event is the fact that many Americans don't know that London was even attacked. I spoke to one of my friends at 11 o'clock tonight and she had no idea that London had been attacked and there is no way she is the only person in America that has no idea what happened. Every American should be mourning for England. If Californians could feel the aftermath of what happened in New York City and at the Pentagon then we as Americans should be able to feel some of the aftermath of what happened over in England. We understand what it feels like to have your country shaken up after something so horrible and evil. This should also wake us up the fact that al qaeda is still very much a threat throughout the world and they were our enemy in the beginning. It should show us that Bush isn't doing all he can to protect the American people because if he was, all his attention would be focused on the men that attacked us in the first place and not on a bullshit war in Iraq to finish what his father couldn't do. Bush isn't tough on terrorism; he's good at trying to do what his daddy couldn't do when he wasn't reelected.

I just hope England can't get through all this as easily as possible.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, sister!
Yeah, I think that the terrorists specifically mentioned Denmark and Italy, threatening them for their participating in Iraq. It's horrible. Maybe we should go to a vigil if one is being held somewhere?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timing of the Iraq invasion was not optimal, perhaps it was even a distraction. But that does not change the fact that something needed to be done there. Evil begets evil. And Iraq, an incredibly affluent nation, harbors and funds terrorist activities the world round. In fact it is the wealthiest nation in the world to fund terrorism. There is no disputation pertaining to this fact. And although Iraq has not overtly attacked the United States it does not mean they have not indirectly done so.

And regardless of 9/11, think about what Democratic order could potentially do for the Iraqi people. Women and children who can freely express themselves without fear. Proliferation of knowledge and equality. Yes these things are a LONG way off, but change starts somewhere.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi penny. i'm blog friends w/ your sis.

unlike anonymous i agree with you, a LARGE part of the blame for this specifically should be laid at the moronic president's doorstep.

if you are still fired up and want to read my rant on the subject, it's here:

http://girlreaction.prettyposies.com/weblog/archives/000572.html

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home